Exhibition "Rescue of Serbia. American Mission and typhus epidemic in Serbia in 1915"
The Centre for Public History, as part of the public project presentation, organized a travelling exhibition during 2018 and 2019. Exhibition visited 5 cities in Serbia (Sabac, Novi Sad, Bor, Uzice and Belgrade) and was presenting archival documents, photographs, newspaper articles and accompanying texts about the epidemic of typhus in Serbia in 1915, the foreign medical missions, and in particular about the American mission of Dr. Strong, who was able to prevent the further spread of the epidemic. The exhibition was conceived through four historical units:
- Serbia in 1915;
- The beginning of an epidemic;
- Foreign missions;
- American mission;
During 2018 and 2019, the exhibition featured in the following cities:
- Šabac, Cultural Center Šabac, 15-24. November 2018
- Bor, National Library Bor, November 28 – December 9, 2018
- Novi Sad, Archive of Vojvodina, 13-24. December 2018
- Užice, Gymnasium, 14 – 25 January 2019
- Belgrade, Historical Museum of Serbia, February 11 – 28, 2019
Author of the exhibition is historian dr Milovan Pisarri.
The project is being implemented with the support of the US Embassy in Serbia, as part of activities marking 100 years of the establishment of diplomatic relations between the United States and Serbia.